- you step off the plane and the humidity you never noticed before hits you
- you find the keys on british keyboards are annoyingly in the wrong places
- you find yourself saying "pardon" and "excusez-moi" to Scot randoms on the street
- you find yourself even more eager than usual to talk to randoms on the street because they are a fellow native english speaker
- little signs on trains with catchy phrases such as "keep clear" become interesting to read
- you finish your meal and start searching for the nearest baguette to mop your plate with
ah the joys of the reverse cultural shock! Mais quand-meme c'est super bien de rentrer à la mère patrie :) euuhmm... what language was I just speaking there?