Saturday, April 15, 2006

Found it!!

Break every barrier down
Thou Lamb of Calvary
Show me the awfulness of sin,
The thing which grieveth Thee:
Purge Thou my soul from dross,
Cleanse me from every sin
Wash me in Thine atoning blood
And make me pure within.

Break every barrier down
Till Christ be formed in me;
Till of the travail of Thy soul
Thou, satisfied, shalt see;
May earth's success seem nought
May self be lose to sight,
Reproach for Thee be counted joy
And weakness turn to might.

Break every barrier down
Thou risen Son of God;
Take Thou possession of my heart
I crown Thee now as Lord!
O for a closer walk
A greater love for Thee,
A fuller knowledge of Thyself
A life of victory.

Break every barrier down
And reign triumphant, Lord;
May every breathing of my herat
With Thee be in accord;
Grant me to enter in
The secret place with Thee
To wak with Thee, as Enoch walked,
Into eternity

William E. Vine (Courtesy of that fabulous bretheren book: "The believers hymn book" :) )


No comments: