Monday, February 27, 2006

Coin a Phrase

- A "Skea Moment" - when one does something of an extremely ditsy nature e.g completely misses the thread of a conversation or what is going on right in front of one's eyes. Synonym: blonde moment: "That was a skea moment", "she just had a skea moment" Origins of word - the word "skea" a certain Mr Skea, who lives perpetually in the moment. Also comes from the gaelic word "sgith" /ski/ - tired.


- Anyone remember Captain BuckyoHare - been singing the theme tune all weekend! (thanks to Irish Gav and his flatmates dvd collection)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention the Dish moment and the still ill-defined Gav moment. As for Buccky O'Hare, that was fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Bucky!

I used to read the comics.
I've still got the toys :P

lil stef said...

Bucky o'hare! My brother and I used to love watching it when we were growing uo in Malaysia! Amazing! What a flashback to the childhood I'd almost forgotten - since I still feel like I am a child...

I hope uni years weren't the only brill years I have... I thought I had a load of good times to look forward to...