... the motto spoken when port glasses are raised by the Glasgow University Academic Dress Appreciation society, the society at whose meeting Michie and I were meant to be playing music. Unfortunately a piano did not materialise but instead we had the joys of experiencing the first ever meeting of the society!
- Singing the French national anthem with our left hands on our heads after all "our French cousins are very stylish" but we had to have our left hands on our heads "to show that we don't agree with it".
- Elections of positions such as President/Madame Binky, Keeper of the Robes (Secretary), The Whip and Adhoc Song Committee
- Narrowly escaping being lumped into the Stylistic committee which el Presidente suggested the three of us who are going to France next year should do, since of course we will be exposed to much style in France
- A minutes silence so we could all think about academic dress and how much we appreciate it
- Passing round a Calvin and Hobbes book as a talking stick
- Learning that our current academic dress robes are bright orange/red
- Eating far too many fairy cakes iced in faculty colours
Afterwards once everyone has gone there was a session en secret of chair climbing in the GUU reading room. The aim of the game, to get from one side of the room to the other without touching the floor.
Funniest night I've had in weeks!