3 words... CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't usually get this excited about Christmas this early. However several events of the weekend have precipiated anticipation in me...
- Playing the cello in the New Scottish at advent Christmas carol concert on Saturday night with veeeery good choir in beautiful candle-lit church
- eating mince pies and drinking mulled tea afterwards... mmmm....
- making gingerbread biscuits with Beth and singing carols at the top of our voices
- staring at fairy lights in my room (even thought they have been up since September!)
- singing Hanson medley accapella at Christmas carol practice for concert tonight at QM Halls
- eating gingerbread biscuits
Christmas this year is also my proverbial light at the end of a tunnel. Not that these past few weeks, and next few weeks are particuarly tunnel-like... just that I'm reeeeally needing a break!
Also starting to miss my family a wee bit!
And last year flying on Christmas day was not so fun, so I'm especially looking forward to being at home, and engaging in the usual nonsensical traditions! In fact, twill be the first time I've been home for Christmas since moving out.
The geese are getting fat.