Monday, September 18, 2006

commencer

Waaaaaay!!!!!! My first blog à la cybercaféfrancais!!!

So far...

- I have been awed by the beauty of the area! It is gorgeous!
- I have been charged 16.50 twice for being 3kg over weight limit by ryanair!
- I have become an expert at kipping... anywhere, anytime, anyhow
- I have a real french window in my room conplete with shutters and balcony!! (there would be a lovely photo just here but i forgot the cable for my camera)
- I visited Le géant (tesco but 10x larger) and it is exciting! I discovered that garlic really does come in bunches here, need 2 masseeeeve aisles of yoghurts and they sell baked beans in the international food section... what more could I need! (Lack of chillies was rather disappointing tho)
- I have met lots of lovely welcoming people, almost all French
- Ive had to give my testimony in French! (not easy)
- I have been to french-speaking church which was draining... tis hard work having to concentrate for more than 2 hours in french, but it also exciting to be part of!
- I have got lost (no surprises there!)

Note to self: French keyboards are confusing

I need to get hold of a thesaurus... there are so many things I want to say and can say but only with limited vocab... it gets boring using the same 3 adjectives all the time... any ideas anyone?

7 comments:

Lithgo said...

Just say it in English with a thick french accent.

" I have been charged 16.50 twice for being 3kg over weight limit by ryanair!"

I am going to assume its your luggage that was over the weight limit and not you.
In french, petite. petit. Funny e.

Sonja said...

SALUT!!!
lovely to hear from you, i'm so jealous that you're living the french life in hypermarches and that you have shutters!
have a nice wee baguette and fromage for me :)
x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.