Friday, March 31, 2006

L'habitude est une seconde nature

Back in the East again and trying to make the most of the time I have with family and old friends while I have it whilst somehow revising french grammar... hmmm... proving to be a difficult task since L'habitude est une seconde nature

Still twas sooo nice being back at my home church yesterday! Though it scares me when I see folks I remember as tiny kids being ridiculously tall (including my little sis in this) and babies and bumps seemingly popping up in every nook and cranny.
And Edinburgh castle was free in the afternoon for a nice change so branched out and went to investigate with some Edinburgh medics from church (gaasp!). (photos may soon follow). We spent half an hour deciding whether it was worth it to go and stand in the massive queue, half an hour in the queue, and then half an hour in the castle itself, most of which was spent staring at the gorgeous view. (I'm from such a beeeeeautiful city!) hmmm... productive use of time...?

Here's a question, it' s been sunny since I got here - Is the weather really better in the east than in the west?

Still it seems even when my resolve is as feeble and as flimsy as a twig, I can rest on The Rock, which never lets me down.

Lord lead me to the rock that's higher than I!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You see! It's not so easy to study when you're at home is is?!

Anonymous said...

Aye weathers better in the east, and its hard not to smile when you're in Edinburgh. I'd love to live there for a year, maybe.