Tuesday, January 12, 2010

In snapshots

(thought I'd fill in the gaps since my blogging has been so infrequent this last year)


2009 began in the quiet English countryside near Worcester


I spent the best part of the first 3 months working on my maxi project

And celebrated in a sunny beer garden with Flat Stanley and others when I finished



I also came off commitee in February



Enjoyed the company of international students....



Finals were in April and May, and then I became a fiancée!



And then graduated in June!


The rest of the summer was spent attending balls, trying my hand at street charity fundraising, a trip to Jersey, applying for jobs, enjoying Glasgow in sunshine, attending several weddings, enjoying little second cousins





Leadered for the 4th time at SU Music Camp in July

Endured unemployment in August though this was made more bearable by the aid of a lovely temporary flatmate


Exchanged my female flatmates for a couple of boys, acquired a job, co-organised an international welcome team, started most of my volunteer work, moved church in September. Finished esol training, played with the band by the shores of Loch Ness in October


My mum was diagnosed with gall-bladder and secondary liver cancer (though the latter diagnosis was later revoked) in January and was completely recovered, cancer all gone and all, by November!


Party, party, snow, snow, work, work, celloing, conducting, seeing family, meeting the first of another generation in December


2009 ended in the quiet Worcester countryside with a rather terrifying (for me anyway) icy climb up the hills watching many fireworks down below

A crazy year with much in the way of happenings - and so much to be thankful for!r)

2 comments:

michie said...

I was about to complain that i didn't feature in your year even before I moved country! But then i found me in a picture, so all is well :)

Anonymous said...

That's okay for you but where am I?