Thursday, February 19, 2009

flipflop cravings

For the first time ever, or at least for as long as I can remember, today I find myself looking forward to flipflop weather! Maybe it's the sunshine and blue sky today - the first we've seen in Glasgow since last Wednesday? Maybe it's my Sri Lankan genes kicking into action more than ever before, craving 30 degree humid heat and burning sun? Maybe it's just been a long winter? Either way it feels like a dangerous thing to look forward to, there is no certainty here in Scotland (especially in Glasgow) that this weather will ever come, and if it does I'll almost certainly be mid-finals. And to think it's only the middle of Febuary...! siiiiigh...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Long winter? We've only had three days of snow! When we get three months we'll talk...

Anonymous said...

oh my!! seriously... i understand this feeling! and actually, i wore my flip flops out the other day for a few hours when i went to big mouth for a coffee, and i loved it! break em out!

Anonymous said...

what about wearing them with warm socks? would that be an alternative?

Dish said...

haha I did the socks flipflops thing once! Not the same though... I like the feeling of warm sun on my skin and grass (dry grass that is) between my toes...