The contributing factors to delightful entertainment on a 5 day séjour in paris...
- Meeting randoms, french and english speaking (even if most of them are medics! :P )
- Staying with randoms, french and english speaking. You may find yourself in some interesting places...
- Eating out in random quartiers... from the posh Jewish area to Parisian bohemian to what ressembled mini India.
- Finding pockets of free decent live music... in bars, churches and flea markets
- Give a couple of gorgeous french children piggybacks round the Notre Dame
- Waiting for the Metro
Staring contests on the metro
- Taking cheesy tourist photos by famous landmarks (and inviting pfffts and snorts of disapproval from your french friends)
- Taking silly photos by famous landmarks (and laugh at your french friends who are keeping themselves at a distance and pretending not to be with you)
- Taking photos of silly things such as enormously fat pigeons and thematic traffic lights
Activities which I've found to be not so entertaining in Paris (or anywhere else in France for that matter except Grenoble)
- Trying to find the Tourist office